Social Media Directors

Lisette Verzijlenberg

Hi Everyone! I'm Lisette (she/her) and I'm a 3rd-year student from the Georgian College collaborative BScN stream and I'm one of the Social Media Directors for NSTAMP. My interests are in pediatrics, emergency and critical care, and in the future, I hope to obtain my MScN.

In my free time (a.k.a. hobbies) I like to go on nature hikes (especially with my dog Kira), create random things (from drawing wildlife in realism or abstract forms to crafting tools for home or organization), I also play the piano/keyboard, and I like to listen

to classical music when I study because otherwise, I tend to start singing along ... which makes reading a bit difficult (so I also love to sing).

Fun facts about me: I have a fraternal twin sister, immigrated to Canada when I was 9 from the Netherlands, and have previously completed a BSc and MSc.

Ways to Connect:

Leo Macawile

Hi everyone, I’m Leo a 3rd year Second-Entry Nursing student. I’m 20 years old (Gemini) and Filipino (moved to Canada when I was 16). Before Nursing, I did two years of Kinesiology and Health Science here at York, and am entering the Second Entry Nursing Program this Fall. I am interested in Public Health Nursing, Diabetes Educator Nurse or Pediatric Nursing.

My hobbies include watching movies, tv shows, and documentaries. I’ve watched all the season of Grey's Anatomy at least 4 times now! My favourite character is Cristina Yang and hopes to become like her someday: focused, and a force of nature! I also love running and playing badminton. I like bubble teas, taking pictures, and stargazing (but I don’t really see many stars here in Toronto, which is why I love camping). During the pandemic, I learned how to cook and realized I really like it and might study culinary after I finish my Nursing degree.

Ways to Connect: